9:45am-11am—Morning Plenary Session—“Working People Taking Action and Winning” Liberty Room
Stories from exciting local campaigns winning real victories for working people in Pittsburgh
- Pittsburghers for Public Transit/ATU Local 85
- Steel City Casino Worker Council Organizing Committee
- Fight for $15 Campaign, Pittsburgh
- USW Adjunct Faculty Association
11am-12:15pm—Workshop Block I
- Building One-On-One Organizing Skills—
- Learn one effective model for having a one-on-one organizing conversation that helps you identify core issues and move people to action. Facilitated by Gabe Kramer from SEIU. Rachel Carson Room.
- Selecting Tactics that Build Your Campaign—
- Think creatively and strategically about tactics we can use to get attention, put pressure on our targets and build our movements. Facilitated by Rising Tide North America. Liberty Room.
- Analyzing Power to Understand Our Adversary—
- This is an introductory workshop for participants who are interested in discussing the power analysis and mapping work that campaigns can undertake in order to make smart future campaign decisions. Facilitated by John Lacny from SEIU Healthcare Pennsylvania. Kitchen.
1:15pm—2:30pm—Workshop Block 2
- Planning and Facilitating an Effective Organizing Meeting—
- Having a good meeting takes planning and preparation. Learn tools to prepare to have an effective meeting and facilitation tactics to keep the meeting on track. Facilitated by Erin Kramer from One Pittsburgh. Homestead Grays Room
- Ingredients of a Successful Action–
- It takes planning and preparation to pull off successful and dynamic actions. Start to think through different types of actions from beginning to end and identify how different supporters can work together to make our actions take shape. Facilitated by Rising Tide North America. Liberty Room
- Thinking Through the Story Your Campaign Will Tell—
- Here’s a workshop with a creative spirit – designed to explore your visual identity, who you are, why you matter, how you tell people your stuff, and how people hear your stuff. Facilitated by Maria Montano from SEIU Healthcare PA. Rachel Carson Room.
2:45pm—4pm—Closing Plenary–“Connecting our struggles in solidarity to make a movement”
- Reverend John Welch—Pennsylvania Interfaith Impact Network
- Kirk Noden—Ohio Organizing Collaborative
- Robin Alexander—UE
- Carl Redwood—Hill District Consensus Group
4pm—4:30pm—Next Steps for the Worker Justice Action Academy and Evaluation
4:30pm—Social at Genoa’s Pizzeria—Your first drink is on us!